- SUMMER 2021: Small group tours (10 people or less) are planned. Masks and physical distancing are still required.
- GUIDE: All tours are led by Brian McDougall PhD, a life-long social activist, former public servant and university teacher.
- COST: All tours are $30 per person and must be booked through this website. (You will get confirmation of your booking.) Payment in cash or via e-transfer is accepted at the end of the tour.
- TIMES: Tours are available any day of the week, morning or afternoon and take about three hours. (Note: A 9:30 AM starting time for mid-summer tours is recommended.)
- SMALL GROUPS: Most tours have 3-5 people, allowing us to customize a tour to your specific interests. Minimum tour size is 3 people. If you request a tour for a day when fewer than three people have booked, you will be required to wait for a later date or pay $90 -- the cost of a three-person tour.
- STARTING POINTS: Tours proceed rain or shine and start from different locations. Please see the page for the tour you've chosen for a map that shows the starting point.
- CUSTOM TOURS: We can provide tours on other historical topics upon request.
- SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS: Please contact us for information about group rates, gift certificates, presentations, and other special arrangements.
- 2021 TOUR SEASON: Starts on Sunday May 2.
What our clients say
Peoples’ History Walking Tours
Ottawa history for the 99%. Not the history you learned in school!
Heard enough about the ‘great men’ and their monuments?
See Ottawa through the eyes of the people who really live in and built the city.
Occupy Ottawa’s history!
A cure for historical amnesia.
Peoples’ History: Ottawa walking tours with a difference!
Our tours provide participants with an unforgettable learning experience that focuses on the lives and experiences of the people who actually built Ottawa (and Canada) but who are usually ignored by official history.